Clerk & Responsible Finance Officer:
Kevin Hayes
134 Birmingham Road
Ansley Village
Nuneaton
CV10 9PL
Mobile: 07984 634870

Welcome to Ansley Parish Council
The Parish of Ansley has approximately 1000 homes and over 3000 residents. It is split into four quite different areas which are the villages of Ansley Common and Ansley, the hamlet of Birchley Heath, and Church End and surrounding outlying areas. The word “Ley” in Ansley and Birchley means clearing in a forest, which stems from our history as part of the Forest of Arden. A lot of our history revolves around the mining and farming industries, but there are also references to ribbon making and brick making industries in the past.
The Parish

Ansley Common
Here you can see a view of Ansley Common from above which shows some of the old miners cottages in the foreground and the new houses which have been sympathetically built to blend in with the old ones. In Ansley Common there is St John's Church Hall, Nursery Hill school, a community hall in the old peoples complex, a recreation ground, two sets of allotments and a couple of shops.

Ansley Village
This is the view of Ansley Village from the air. Apart from the Lord Nelson Inn, Ansley Village has a Church Hall, a Post Office/shop, a hairdressers, a recreation ground with a children's play area and allotments. And most importantly, on the entrance and exit to Ansley Village; the prominent Ansley Coal Mining Heritage Wheel.

Birchley Heath
Birchley Heath is by far the smallest of the three and this view is looking down from above towards the park. The park is leased by the Parish Council for a peppercorn rent but we have recently updated the play equipment and are very pleased with the result. There are no other facilities, although there is a shop and a Pub ( and a brewery!) in nearby Ridge Lane which is within walking distance.

Church End
Church End is fairly self explanatory. It is a lovely backwater with far reaching countryside views, centered around the church. There are no facilities here apart form the St Laurence Church and Annex, but we do have a War Memorial located on the crossroads with the main Birmingham Road which has stood since 1920.
